Saturday, November 13, 2010

Food

I got an app for my ipod from epicurious.com and have found some amazingly delicious and simple recipes there. Today it was Shrimp, Mango and Avocado Salad with Sweet Chili-Ginger Vinaigrette. Kent liked it so much he picked up his plate and licked it clean. I haven't seen him do that since the last time I made stroganoff. Another big hit was Seared Asian Steak and Mushrooms on Mixed Greens with Ginger Dressing. So simple and so delicious! I got home late and everyone was hungry so we needed something fast but good. It was a hit. Both dressings are a bit on the sweet side so if you're watching your high-fructose corn syrup intake, you'll have to adjust the recipes a bit.

There are tons of seasonal and vegetarian, recipes too. My favorites folder is getting stuffed. From there I can select the recipes I want to make and combine them to create a shopping list which is available offline, so I can use it while I'm shopping. What a concept! And the app was free!

1 comment: